Client: Holy Trinity Church, Meole Brace
The new Trinity Centre blends perfectly with the adjacent Grade II* Listed Church, built in 1868. This high quality, award winning, extension is arranged around a quiet courtyard and comprises the Bradbury Hall (seating up to 120), five meeting rooms, church office and a fully equipped kitchen. The building is available for use by the local community and is visited by over 1000 people each week.
Our involvement in the project, which took seven years from its inception to its completion in 2007, was as Planning Supervisor under the old Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994. The design evolved through several stages to the impressive structure that you see today. During this process we worked with the Architect, Arrol & Snell Ltd, advising on risk management and health and safety issues. The Holy Trinity Church remained in use throughout the construction phase and this requirement together with the need to carry out extensive excavations and other construction operations in sensitive areas of the churchyard presented particular challenges on a project that was constructed without impact on the health and safety of those who worked on the project or who worshipped at the Church.
To view the video telling the inspirational story behind this impressive development go to www.trinitychurches.org/trinitycentre/